Monday, January 11, 2010

Soapbox, briefly

When I was dreaming up this film, it went through all sorts of conceptual re-makes. And as it was self-produced and edited, I never wrote much down, kept the running order up in my head. It was my intent at one point to spend a chunk of time talking about the demise of local radio that was brought on by the pro-industry communications legislation overhaul/giveaway of the late 90's. Here Pat had been on the air since the 50's serving his community brilliantly, and he was taken off his last station (WYZE) with no fanfare, no goodbye at all, as smaller stations all over the US were consolidated.

But this planned foray in to corporate radio drama put a drag on the film as a whole. I reduced the section to just a passing reference... making my point and moving on.





Stay tuned.... subscribe... many more clips coming.


tom

No comments: