Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Brilliant, Luv! Official Festival Selection for ALLEY PAT.

This is good. This is good. We are entered in about 10 festivals, at some expense, and the first one to turn us down was in Cardiff, Wales, and the first one to pick us up - I have just found out - is in Swansea, Wales. The Swansea Bay Festival, to be exact.

I knew this movie would connect in the Atlanta area with just about anyone who sees it, but perhaps less so outta town, as I didnt spend a lot of time in the film explaining all the local references. So internationally, a big crapshoot. But looks like someone over there likes it.



This film festival seems pretty together... they even sent along a proper You Are So Officially Selected JPEG grafic. Way to go, Swansea Bay. Damn! Now I am going to have to redo that poster.



Why Wales you ask. Well it is odd... you go over the list of possible festivals to enter and you say, hmmm, where might I stay for free... nope, dont know anyone in Seattle, or Mexico City... then oh look, a festival in Wales, I know someone in Wales where I could stay... like in a million years they would choose your film.

So now I am stuck, ha. Now I gotta go. It wont screen till next spring, so there's time to knock over a 7-11 to get some air fare to the UK. My friend there is Sue Kelasll, a print artist I have known geez for 30 years from when she was a pen pal in high school.

Plus, I see on the Swansea Fest's webpage this banner logo, which to me implies that I could stay over at Catherine Zeta-Jones's place if Sue is booked.


Or maybe stay in this dragon's cave, if he'd stop muttering something about "Crrmnnyu"


1 comment:

Agent45 said...

Congrats - that's great news!